My Blog List

Friday 17 October 2014

special bath


Baths like these I think are needed every once in a while just to allow your self to relax and have a bit of 'me' time. I keep all my bath and shower type stuff in this really cute wicker type basket, just too keep everything tidy. 
Lush! Nothing really more to say. I have eczema which can get rather bad at times so using bath products can be difficult as it's hard to know if the product is going to affect it until you have used it, but I know when ever I'm going to buy in lush it is not going to affect my eczema but sometimes help clear it and also smell nice, make my skin softer. Most stores will give demonstrations for how the products work and they will help you if your looking for a certain one or to do a certain thing which I think is so good, now actually what this blog post is about. 
I also use a company called bomb cosmetics,(top two) which is really good too,much cheaper and some of them you can use around 6 times too which is amazing! The two I have are lime blossom and lavender brulee, which is a bath bomb you can use up to 6 times, the other is pineapple expressed which I am very tempted to eat. The bottom two are from lush the comforter bubble bar and yuzu and coca bubbleroon.

The one I used is called 'the comforter' which is a bubble bar, this means you crumble it into hot running water and it will create bubbles and sometimes other things like, a color or glitter and sometimes bits of flowers. The one iv used makes your skin super soft and smells amazing, its fruity,blackcurrant .what's really good is you only need to use half of the bar to get lots of smell and bubble that you need but by all means you could use the full bar, I had already used half so it is double the size of the picture. This bubble bar cost £4.75 which is rather expensive however you can use it twice so its worth it plus its amazing. 

Then I just lit some candles, I feel like adding candles makes a room not only small nice but have a calm, warming atmosphere. 
Red berries and orchid scented candle, from Primark £2, this is a cheep one
but don't undermine it, definitely one of my favorites. 






By the time I had lit all my candles I wanted my bath was nearly done. It turned a really nice hot pink and at this point smelt amazing. I placed my candles around the bath. I used a few different types of candles, tea light are super easy to find there normally really cheep too however don't really last very long or have a scent but they look really nice whilst burning. I also used scented ones, in which I love as well. I also burnt an incense sick which are very strong the one I used was french vanilla, you set these a light then the flame goes out but they still continue to burn and the scent is let out with the smoke.




Then whilst it cooled down I made my self a glass of hot Vimto then got in the bath and relaxed. Doing this at least once a month just helps me to get myself back on track with everything, also these nights would be a good chance to put a face mask on too.

Tip: a bit of steam can be good for the skin too, as it helps to clear up acne as the moisture softens the layer of dead skin cells, it helps to get rid of any dirt, bacteria of anything that could get trapped and could be causing breakouts, so remember to take your makeup off, if you wear it. 

Thankyou for taking your time to read this
hope it helps anyone, if you try it let me know
by leaving me a comment or tweet me
links below.

'the girl in the blue dress'

4 comments:

  1. This looks so relaxing and cozy!

    Unfortunately I don't have bathtub anymore, but really wishing I did now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say no to candles - they're so pretty and always make a room look better plus they help you relax too - all in keeping with the perfect bath…..love the pink colour too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there so good, helps so much soothing and calming, Its great isn't it:) xx

      Delete