My Blog List

Friday 5 December 2014

Baking Christmas Cookies with a twist #1 (BLOGMAS DAY 5)


Hi again guys. So today I am going to be baking Christmas cookies (as you can tell from the title, duhh) but I am going to add a hint of flake chocolate and I will be decorating them tomorrow with my little cousin. Remember to wash your hands and surface first.


Ingredients:
125g of unsalted butter
125g caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsb of vanilla extract (or flavouring of you choice)
250g plain flour
1 flake (optional/ chocolate of your choice)



So first in a bowl cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, you could do this by hand using a wooden spoon or use a electric mixer, which I used. 


Then add the egg and vanilla extracts, and mix again.


After that, add your flour by sieving half in, mixing using a wooden spoon as I have made the mistake of using a electric mixer, and I looked like a snow man in the end, then do the same with the other half.

Then hit your flake inside its packaging, so it doesn't go everywhere into tiny little pieces using the end of your wooden spoon. Then add this to your dough.



Then wrap your dough in cling film and put in the fridge for 30 minutes. And then pre-heat the over to your normal oven temperature, mine is 180 degrees. 


After 30 minutes, take your dough out of the fridge and sprinkle a small dust of flour out on a clean surface and then roll it out using a rolling pin about 4mm thick. Then using an cutter, cut some shapes out of your dough, I used a stocking, snow man and a Santa shape cutter, but you could use any you liked. Then a greased a baking tray, you could use grease proof paper or just use butter, I used butter as I didn't have any grease proof in.


Here was my tray of stockings. When you put your cookies into the oven put the same shape on one try, if you put different sized or thickness on the same tray then will cook at different times, then some might burn so to make life easier just put some in and use a different tray for a different shape.


After 15 minutes I took them out, till there brown and crispy round the edges. However they won't feel cooked, but still take them out, when you do this as they cool down they carry on to cook slightly with their own heat this  causes them to go hard, so you have to leave them to cool for at least 30 minutes before you do anything with them. I am going to leave mine over night as I will be decorating then tomorrow, so see you then!

Thankyou for taking your time to read this
If you make them tag me on Instagram and twitter 
and use the hastag
#bakingwithellie
my link is bellow. 
hope you like this, tell me what you would like
to see next!

'the girl in the blue dress'










No comments:

Post a Comment