My Blog List

Monday 1 December 2014

November Favourites-Beauty.(BLOGMAS DAY 1)





 IT'S DECEMBER! WHOO so exiting. So am going to try and do blogmas, and post everyday, I am always busy so I will try my best.

Its that review my favourites of the month time, so here is what beauty type things I have been loving this November.


First is my bodyshop pink grapefruit hand cream. This has to be one of my favourite smells of all time which make its 5x better, but they have many different ones like, coconut, peach, strawberry, shea and many more. The hand cream is £3.50 which is super cheep and last a long time in 30ml tube, as you only need a tiny bit. It makes me feel really clean and makes my hand really soft, I am a bit of a wash hands freak, anyone else always feel they need to wash their hands? But it smells amazing, super soft and clean feeling and not expensive either, so this is like everything you want in one, love it!


Next is also from the body shop, like a lot of my favourites this month have been, these are shampoo's. They also do conditioners but I didn't realise when I first bought them, but I will be going back to purchase them and test them out. The first one which is my fav out of the two is the rainforest volume shampoo for fine hair. This smells amazing I feel like its slightly pomegranate and sweet smelling. But to what it actually does, it has pracaxi oil in it which is good for keeping the hair healthy and all that goodness you want, guarana seed extract, aloe Vera, these are all really good for the hair, scalp  and they are both amazing for that. The volume one gives you volume but without the 'fluff' if you have frizzy hair like me you will know what I mean, By this i mean all they little frizzy bits you get with volume that makes you hair look like you have bush of frizz on your head, haha. 
The second one gives you moisture, I don't want to use this one a lot as it might take away all the natural moisture hair needs, but it does help dead hair get back onto form and help until your hair has full health. However to do the job it kind of makes your hair really dry and straw feeling but when you wash it off and add conditioner then wash that off it feels amazing! But I am a believer of to make something better you have to injected it with the problem. What is even better is that they are made from fair trade ingredients so even better for the community and only cost £2 each at 60ml pots or £4.50 for 250ml pots. 


More bodyshop is the all-in-one-insta blur, this is like a primer that helps to give you a flawless finish. It fills in the pores in your skin and blocks them so that when you put your foundation on, it has a flat even surface, making you skin look amazing.This is £14 and a 25ml tube. It is clear so no matter what colour your skin it you can never see it, which is the downside to the porefessional by benfit which I also love but as I have light skin sometimes you can see it or if you have a darker skin it could make you look like you have lighter skin. 



This brings me onto my next product the body shop all-in-one tinted concealer and primer colour intensifier instablur eye, this is a follow up from the face primer. I also like this as it does the same thing, however this isn't clear and is slightly tinted but if you are putting shadow over you can't tell. It has a concealer formulae to it, I do like this because it isn't heavy but does cover-up those veins and bits you may not like. Also a primer which does work and stays on the eye for a long time. £10 at 10ml tube.



My last body shop product is the body shop honey bronze bronzing powder in shade 02 fair matte. I have wanted this for ages and never had the chance to get it, but I got it and I love it. I have been using the very old version of this which you probably can't buy any more and I'v hit pan so would probably need to get a new one anyway. This powder leaves a natural finish, so isn't a powdered matte finish so you can use on top of a matte  foundation which I find you can't do when you use a matte powder with a matte foundation and it leave a cakey, powdered finish. It gives you a nice warm brown finish but not too much so that is doesn't match you face just natural which I love. £13 for 11.5g pan.


This is a really exiting product for me as it is my first mac product and makes it even better that I love this is much and I have religiously used this and only having this for 2 months and saying I have most defiantly used more than half just shows how much I love this. Mac mineralize skinfinish powder in meduim, £23.00 for a 10g  pan. I love everything about this the magnetic packaging the slightly graded pattern the power has which I have always liked better as I think it makes a powder look more natural and not all one toned and a flat colour which is what I find sometimes with powders. It gives such a natural powder to the skin I cannot describe how much I love it! And I will be re-buying this when I have ran out. 




Also my second mac products were the eye shadows in, down brown(which I cant find on the website), jest and embark. The pigment in these are amazing they stay for ages and are super easy to blend, and these 3 together as jest on the lid, embark on the crease and down brown blended in look amazing,  I love these colours I think they go amazing with each other and they are over all amazing products. £10 each eye shadow for 1.35g, £5 for the case, 


This next product is also one of my holey grales and my go-to products everyday, theres nothing else I will use. The foundation is very light and not cakey at all however has a lot of coverage which is weird to say and explain, but it covers all those imperfections I don't like but doesn't look like iv pasted my face, which I think is where the oxygen comes in. I have pink under-toned skin which is not as normal as yellow, this means that many drug-store and popular foundations are yellow under toned so dont match my skin and make me look orange, so when I found this i was so happy, as it isn't even very pink toned but works wonders on my sin. Hello flawless oxygen wow brightening makeup oil-free SPF 25(which is great in a foundation) PA*** non gras by benefit in 'believe in me' ivory. £26.50 with 30ml tube. 


Iv jumped on the bandwagon and bought then garnier micellar cleansing water, but I am glad I did. This is amazing for taking off my make-up at the end of a night quick and easy gets rid of it all and doesn't leave that horrible residue on you face a baby wipe might leave, also it is god for cleaning in the pores on you face. £4.99 for 400ml bottle, which I think is rather cheep for the size of the bottle. 


These are my first real techniques brushes and I love them, I recommend them if you are moving up from the just starting range with your make-up. I have the setting brush (pink one) which I just for concealer under my eye and sometimes highlighting, I really like this for concealer as it has a big enough brush head to cover the whole of my under eye so I'm not rubbing to spread  it all across my under-eye. The first set I bought was they starter essentials, which has 5 brushes, base shadow brush,deluxe crease brush, fine liner brush, accent brush and brow brush. I have been using these brushes since the day I got them, the brown brush is slightly too big but this does help to spread the products so it looks more natural, and the others for blending and applying shadow. I'v been using the fine liner brush for my eye liner from using the normal applicator, this gives such a straight professional line that is much thinner and easier to use. These brushes aren't the cheapest but they are worth the price 100% and I am going to buy the travel kit and core collection after Christmas, which I am super happy about.  

Bit of a weird one but these spoolies I have been using shape my eyebrow before I add my product to fill them, I think this is a massive help as then you can get them your right shape you want before you add a brown shadow where if you go wrong its on you face, which I find hard to get of sometimes. These also can be used as mascara, if you buy a not expensive mascara and use which ever brush you like which you can get really cheep from many make-up shops, in many shapes and sizes then you don't have to keep re-purchasing a mascara that could be expensive. I have been loving these recently.

I have been using this woman by Ted Baker a lot recently, just popping it in my bag and using it when and need just to top up. This was part of a Ted Baker heaven scent pack which had 4 10ml pots which all have really cute rose gold tops, which I'm not going to deny I love. These are all sweet smelling with slight different hints this one being slightly rose but they all have significant smell that makes them slightly the same. I love these just for a top up to pop in my bag when I am going out and dabbing a bit on.


My last favourite is the clinique dramatically different lotion. Apart from it's amazing yellow colour for some reason I love this, I don't know what it is about it, it just makes me feel refreshed and clean every time I use it. I had used a tester then realised I needed this is my life, so went ahead and got it, I just love it. It does moisturise and I don't think it as a SPF but is part  of a step system being part 3 which I haven't tried but I do really like this, just does its job and repairs all the bits of my skin that need repairing and refreshes my skin. £30 for 125 ml.

mac eye shadow's pans, embark, jest

Thankyou for taking you time to read this
what are your favourites this month?
hope this helps, and I will try my best to get 
something on each day:)

'the girl in the blue dress'

No comments:

Post a Comment