My Blog List

Saturday 6 December 2014

Decorating Christmas cookies #2 (BLOGMAS DAY 6)


Hello again everyone, who are you all?

So these were done by a 10 year old, and they are really good considering, so just going to apologise for that.


First we mixed some icing to decorate them with and give the cookies some sweet taste. We decided to do red, green, blue and white as they were relevant for christmas, expect the blue but oh well ahaa. I don't have specific recipe for my icing because I think that no matter what recipe I follow it goes wrong every time. So I added about 4 table spoons of water with about 50 g of icing sugar and added more water or icing powder until it was how I wanted it, which was stiff peaked. We then added food colouring, I used Wilton icing colours which are concentrated gel, this is better then the average liquid food colouring because that adds more water which makes it more runny and that annoying when you have spent about 5 minutes making it right ahh, plus you need a lot less which is a good thing too.


I then put the stocking cutter over the stocking cutter just to make the outlining of the decoration more precise and not falling down the side which I liked the idea of doing. I then left it to dry for about 5 minutes, until it was fully dry, to add the rest of the decoration so it doesn't soak in and mess it up., whilst I did the rest.


I then put some red dots onto the bottom of the stocking and used a fork to swirl it around creating this marble patter, this would have been su much better if I had of used a cocktail stick but I forgot to bring some with me and my little cousin made a green snowman.




 And that was how they turned out, Christmas cookies. I did let her do most of these, so I only did an odd few.

Thankyou for taking your time to read this 
hope you like them 
If you make them tag me on instgram and twitter
#bakingwithellie

'the girl in the blue dress'



No comments:

Post a Comment